KANT KONFIDENTIAL: SEALED COURT CASE KEPT FROM THE PUBLIC
Why did a judge suddenly seal a case against the City of Fairhope after details of the case were made public?
The case is a land dispute involving a street where the several major supporters of Mayor Tim Kant live including his Campaign Chairman.
Could it be because the article revealed that Kant had accepted money from an interested party in the suit, Bobby Faust? And he had loan documents to prove it?
Why would Kant need to borrow money from Bobby Faust?
Can’t Kant borrow money from the bank like the rest of us?
The Legal Eagle wants to know why and how the attorneys convinced the Judge to seal this lawsuit from the taxpayers.
The Alabama Governor couldn’t even keep his divorce case sealed. We deserve to know the truth. It’s time we all demand transparency.
If there are no secrets to hide, then unseal case #901403 immediately.
Subject: OBSERVATIONS OF FAIRHOPE MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS – 9/11/2012
I served a certified Poll Watcher for Mayoral Candidate Lonnie Mixon on the 4pm to poll closing time frame. I have not previously served in this capacity. I followed the guidelines for a watcher as stated on page 35 of the Alabama League of Municipalities election manual. I have extensive analysis and inspection experience in the aviation field for over 50 years.
I feel I am cognizant of the requirements for secure and proper election process. There were no individual obvious candidate issues noted and were only named in relationships. The following is synopsis of observations and interactions noted. Responsible persons have been named because of their actions.
1.Election Supervisor – Mrs. Culver
- Lack of control of voting machines. T. Odom (While serving as a poll watcher and previous election official for many years) opened absentee voting machine.
- Generally lack of control of election process
- Could not answer questions/communicate due to lack of hearing?
- Posting voting machine tapes prior to providing results to the poll watchers
2. Young children inserting assumed parents ballots into voting machines. Assumed couples inserting ballots for both parties. No challenge by machine clerks.
3. Tom Odom (election official for many. many years) Kant Poll Watcher only.
- Opened absentee voting machine while participating as poll watcher.
- While monitoring the machines prior to closing, heard a conversation from the inspector to the machine clerks to run an extra tape off the machine for Tom Odom. I requested a copy from the clerks and was told they could not give me one.
- Obtained copy of voting machine tapes after he was told he could not have one (had to be retrieved by Mrs. Culver after our request)
- Instructed election workers regarding absentee voting machine.
- Told group of Pol Watchers that he would give us the talley’s so we could leave.
- Employee of City of Fairhope – Fire Marshall
- Father in Law of Tim Kant (mayoral candidate) married to Karla
4. – Watchers were notified when they opened of the machines after the polls (Alabama Code Section 11-46-35d) Closed plus were not allowed to monitor the tape certification and security packaging.
- Yet the tapes have a signing line for a poll watcher to sign. That was not done on the public tapes. Does this put into question the “legality’ of the certification do to the lack of signature by a poll watcher. Who of 6 poll watchers would sign?
It is noted that the majority of the volunteers have served for a number of years and have become complacent because that’s how have always been done it and are in dire need of specific training in how it is supposed to be done.
Because of the issue of not being allowed to observe the final machine opening and tape certification, I could not testify in a court of law that final certification procedures were properly certified and secure.
WAKE UP FAIRHOPE. WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS. WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS!
Tim Kant uses Catalyst Systems as his campaign manager. Catalyst is owned by outside real estate developers to fund the campaign of outside real estate developers who infiltrate the politics of the local area. Much like a virus. They short circuit the democratic election process.