FAIRHOPE “CITIZENS CITIZENS CITIZENS”
Mayor Wilson told Jack Burrell, Council President, Airport Authority Board member and liaison to the city, and who also sits on the committee to select bids for the Authority:
“I can promise you people … are concerned.”
Wilson’s said that the Airport Authority’s debt represents 21 percent of Fairhope’s overall borrowing.
In an effort to pay it down, as well as come up with a plan to market 258 acres that the Airport Authority purchased in 2007 for $8.85 million, the mayor urged the council to take ownership of the property.
Mr. Burrell responded,
“I know,” said Burrell, in a mocking tone toward Wilson’s frequent comments that she was elected by the citizens and is serving them. “The citizens. The citizens. The citizens.”
That exchange clearly shows Mr. Burrell’s loyalty is to the less than 1% who use the airport and the other 99% are just “CITIZENS CITIZENS CITIZENS.”
Mr. Burrell was able to persuade the three newly elected councilmen to trust him and turn their backs on the citizens that elected them. He refused to recuse himself from any comments relative to the Airport Authority, dismissing any and all allegations about his involvement with a bid “HE” selected that would go to a Board member and close personal friend.
The land is being paid for by the city. However the title is in the Airport Authority. These are YOUR TAX DOLLARS.
Fairhope Mayor Wilson is representing the citizens 100% and Mr. Burrell is trying to undermine her every effort. The Fairhope community came together in electing her and now must come together in supporting her.
YOU the CITIZEN must step up. Please contact these councilmen and support Mayor Wilson’s request that the Airport Authority property is placed in the ownership of the city. Call, text, e-mail or yell at any or all of the new council members, express support for Mayor Wilson and her request, which represents us all.
Mayor Karin Wilson 251-928-2136
Kevin G. Boone, City Council 251-550-2572
Jay Robinson, City Council 251-210-6684
Jack Burrell, Council President 251-510-4496
Robert Brown, City Council 251-454-7509
Jimmy Conyers, City Council 251-767-2889
You can also contact city hall by:
Please attend the City Council meeting Jan. 9th at 6pm and stay for public participation at the end of the agenda. See for you self who is representing your best interests. PLEASE ATTEND
For more information please read:
YOU DON’T KNOW JACK – THE RIPP REPORT / BALDWIN COUNTY LEGAL EAGLE
I have followed four Fairhope city councils and one thing I can tell you is with each new council several things became abundantly clear. The new members of the council are usually influenced by longer…
Sparks fly in Fairhope: New mayor, council president dispute airport finances, personnel changes
Mayor Karin Wilson and Council President Jack Burrell dispute the future of the city’s airport and hiring decisions.
Fairhope Council President, Mayor clash over airport land deal – Lagniappe Mobile
Fairhope Mayor Karin Wilson has failed in her attempt to gain control of much of H.L. “Sonny” Callahan Airport land for the city. Following a discussion marked by sharp personal criticism of Wilson from Council President Jack Burrell, the council voted Dec. 22 to allow the Fairhope Airport Authority to maintain control of the land …
FAIRHOPE AIRPORT “UN_AUTHORIZED”
Last week we featured, YOU DON’T KNOW JACK, this week we peel back the onion a little more. What we do know is that a lawyer paid a lawyer to write a letter to lawyers,…
Fairhope Airport land remains in Airport Authority’s hands
After tense discussion during their last city council work session, Fairhope’s city leaders reached a deal involving the land and continued funding for the H.L. Callahan Airport. Earlier in …
Fairhope is unraveling the mess created by Kant. It should take a while.
Who supervised the purchase of the property for the Authority ??? Is there an audit to see where the funds went and were there off balance sheet commissions ? In 3rd world countries , my experience has been, that entities conduct business and then transfer debts to the state -in this case the city ! Not knowing to the taxpayer ! Smells to high heaven !
Would welcome a visit with the Mayor to explain how it happens!