The observations of a poll watcher is just one of several letters involving Fairhope elections and alleged fraudulent behavior within the polling place. This is not a conspiracy theory. This is the observation of a poll watcher who witnessed many different violations. The last paragraph of his statement reads, “Because of the issue of not being allowed to observe the final machine opening and tape certification, I could not testify in a court of law that final certification procedures were properly certified and secure.”
THE NEXT ELECTION WILL DETERMINE WHETHER WE WANT TO BE FAIR-HOPE OR FAUXHOPE?
Subject: OBSERVATIONS OF FAIRHOPE MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS – 9/11/2012
I served a certified Poll Watcher for Mayoral Candidate Lonnie Mixon on the 4pm to poll closing time frame. I have not previously served in this capacity. I followed the guidelines for a watcher as stated on page 35 of the Alabama League of Municipalities election manual. I have extensive analysis and inspection experience in the aviation field for over 50 years.
I feel I am cognizant of the requirements for secure and proper election process. There were no individual obvious candidate issues noted and were only named in relationships. The following is synopsis of observations and interactions noted. Responsible persons have been named because of their actions.
1.Election Supervisor – Mrs. Culver
- Lack of control of voting machines. T. Odom (While serving as a poll watcher and previous election official for many years) opened absentee voting machine.
- Generally lack of control of election process
- Could not answer questions/communicate due to lack of hearing?
- Posting voting machine tapes prior to providing results to the poll watchers
2. Young children inserting assumed parents ballots into voting machines. Assumed couples inserting ballots for both parties. No challenge by machine clerks.
3. Tom Odom (election official for many. many years) Kant Poll Watcher only.
- Opened absentee voting machine while participating as poll watcher.
- While monitoring the machines prior to closing, heard a conversation from the inspector to the machine clerks to run an extra tape off the machine for Tom Odom. I requested a copy from the clerks and was told they could not give me one.
- Obtained copy of voting machine tapes after he was told he could not have one (had to be retrieved by Mrs. Culver after our request)
- Instructed election workers regarding absentee voting machine.
- Told group of Pol Watchers that he would give us the talley’s so we could leave.
- Employee of City of Fairhope – Fire Marshall
- Father in Law of Tim Kant (mayoral candidate) married to Karla
4. – Watchers were notified when they opened of the machines after the polls (Alabama Code Section 11-46-35d) Closed plus were not allowed to monitor the tape certification and security packaging.
- Yet the tapes have a signing line for a poll watcher to sign. That was not done on the public tapes. Does this put into question the “legality’ of the certification do to the lack of signature by a poll watcher. Who of 6 poll watchers would sign?
It is noted that the majority of the volunteers have served for a number of years and have become complacent because that’s how have always been done it and are in dire need of specific training in how it is supposed to be done.
Because of the issue of not being allowed to observe the final machine opening and tape certification, I could not testify in a court of law that final certification procedures were properly certified and secure.
Fairhope elections have always been under the cloud of suspicion that the elections were compromised. This letter confirms our worst fears. We live in a Democracy and the worst offense you can commit is voter fraud that affects us all regardless of your political party. Official complaints were filed after the last election and are renewed for this election. If you are as offended and a concerned citizen, please file a request to have Fairhope Elections monitored by the State Election Division.
We are requesting a FAIR election, above suspicion. Losing an election is always hard but losing an election you think is rigged stays with you forever.
PLEASE take 5 minutes and make your voice heard and your VOTE count.
For Complaints about voter fraud contact:
- You may file your allegation online via the web form.
- You may speak to staff members by calling toll free: 1-800-274-VOTE (8683)
- Allegations may also be filed via fax using the following fax number:
- If you would prefer to send your allegation via postal mail, it may be sent to the address below. You may use this printable form.
Office of the Secretary of State
Voter Fraud Unit
P.O. Box 5616
Montgomery, Alabama 36103-5616